Sign in to follow this  
Btilly

Dummies guide to upgrading Elise S

I've just bought a 2007 Elise S (134). Very simply, in order of 'no-brainers', what are the things I should look to upgrade my Toyota engined Elise S. Mainly for road use, but the odd track day and hill climb. It already has cross drilled discs and updated pads, as well as black Team Dynamics alloys. But beyond that, the car is factory standard and has 10,000 miles on the clock. My thinking is cold air induction, sports exhaust and ecu re-map to bring the cam change in at a lower rpm. But not sure whci products I should be considering, how much is should pay and what is the true benefiting terms of BHP and response.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ben

[quote name='Btilly' timestamp='1328478025' post='4600']
My thinking is cold air induction, sports exhaust and ecu re-map to bring the cam change in at a lower rpm. But not sure whci products I should be considering, how much is should pay and what is the true benefiting terms of BHP and response.[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the 1ZZ-FE engine only uses the VVT-i system, and therefore lacks the second, high lift cam of the 2ZZ-GE in the 111R which has VVTL-i. I've not heard of anyone remapping the 1ZZ-FE other than for the Komo-tec Supercharger upgrade.

As Thorburn said this link show you the upgrade.
[url="http://www.hangar111.com/lotus-elise-exige-turbodrive.htm"]http://www.hangar111.com/lotus-elise-exige-turbodrive.htm[/url]

I think you guys are correct, weirdly though Bell and Collvill seem to think re-mapping is an option on the 1ZZ FE engine.......

[quote name='Btilly' timestamp='1330619081' post='4728']
I think you guys are correct, weirdly though Bell and Collvill seem to think re-mapping is an option on the 1ZZ FE engine.......
[/quote]

Hi Btilly

I am in Australia and also have an Elise "S" with 1ZZ. About 8 months ago, I fitted the TRD HiFlow air box, 2Bular Extractors, Sports Cat & Exhaust and also purchase the Komo-Tec ECU tune. All of these things together certainly made an improvement but the change was quite subtle. Overall, I would say that the car was more "responsive" but the improvement wasn't massive.

2 Months ago, I bit the bullet and purchased the Komo-Tec Phase 5 220S Upgrade and have just finished fitting that all about 2 weeks ago. The change from fitting this Intercooled Supercharger is absolutely massive. It really transforms the car into a Rocketship. That Supercharger kit is probably the limit you would want to safely go on the 1ZZ.

If you decide to do it, then I can guarantee it will put a big grin on your face. The installation is a big big job (not because of the sheer effort but more so because of the limited space you have to work with and in fitment, you must remove both the rear and front Clams. If you want more info, please PM me.

Cheers
Fergus

Hey Fergus 

l am also in Aust and have the same car and interested in know more about your Komo - Tec upgrade . in the way of costs etc .. 

Cheers 

Jason