Exclusive Tour of Classic Team Lotus - 3 October 2020

Saturday 3 October 2020

LDC are excited to offer its members an exclusive 2-hour guided tour of the new Classic Team Lotus facilities at Hethel on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 October 2020 at a discounted cost of only £37 per person*.

Places are strictly limited to 20 people per tour with the first tour starting at 11:00am and the second at 2:30pm (Saturday only).

Classic Team Lotus have been working very hard to ensure that all tours comply with stringent Covid precautions to safeguard the health of all visitors and it is important that everyone complies with these rules.

For those who wish to make a weekend of it David Wenman, our Area Organiser for East Anglia, has also organised a scenic drive on Sunday 4 October, along the Norfolk Coast. If you have booked the Sunday morning tour of Classic Team Lotus there will be an opportunity to join members for lunch in the afternoon.

Whilst arrangements have been made at the Dunston Hall Hotel which is offering rooms at the discounted rate of £92 for a double room and £82 for a single room inclusive of breakfast and VAT, each member is responsible for organising their own accommodation and food, to ensure that they are completely comfortable with, and are in control of, any arrangements that they may make. Please contact the hotel on 03301 071599 and quote Group Lotus to receive the discount.

If you are interested in taking part, please respond as follows:

Places are limited and bookings close at midnight 4 September 2020. For any queries please email d.wenman@lotusdriversclub.org.uk.

CTL-01.jpg

Hi Chris,

just checked and it seems that all the tickets have sold out.  Is there likely to be a reserve list for this event?

cheers

Mark

Barb and I have booked, so looking forward to going to CTL again. However there are problems with the Hotel reservations. I have spent all morning on the Q Hotels reservations and tried also to book direct, finally got through to a call centre who then do NOT recognise the LOTUS BD promo code, (neither does the web booking service). All in all a 'Dire' booking experience. May book a decent B&B.

Anyone else have the same experience?

Danny

Just an update on my post above. After complaining to Q Hotels I have had two responses (and apologies) about the booking process. I have a direct number and contact:

Kirstie Kenny - Corporate & Leisure Admin Team, Senior Reservations Agent 01132052880.

Having said that, after reading the recent reviews (☹️)    Barb, myself, Pete and Pam have decided to stay at a local Pub B&B (The Sugarbeat). There is of course The Bird in Hand which is very close to Lotus. But only a few rooms.

Hope that helps

Danny

Hi all,

Although I won’t be attending this, we’re going next year as part of a Lotus Driving Academy package, I can recommend this place as alternative accommodation....https://www.southnorfolkguesthouse.co.uk

Stayed there last week and for the 70th also The Fox and Hounds in the village does great food. 👍

IMG-20200809-WA0010.thumb.jpg.222f33600cdcac7d04a460f3102b3e12.jpg

• Like 1
18 hours ago, sinbad said:

Hi all,

Although I won’t be attending this, we’re going next year as part of a Lotus Driving Academy package, I can recommend this place as alternative accommodation....https://www.southnorfolkguesthouse.co.uk

Stayed there last week and for the 70th also The Fox and Hounds in the village does great food. 👍

IMG-20200809-WA0010.thumb.jpg.222f33600cdcac7d04a460f3102b3e12.jpg

Elise is looking great Andy. We've now managed to book the Sunday morning tour 😉 so looking forward to seeing you all there 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 8/12/2020 at 10:16 AM, DDubya said:

Barb and I have booked, so looking forward to going to CTL again. However there are problems with the Hotel reservations. I have spent all morning on the Q Hotels reservations and tried also to book direct, finally got through to a call centre who then do NOT recognise the LOTUS BD promo code, (neither does the web booking service). All in all a 'Dire' booking experience. May book a decent B&B.

Anyone else have the same experience?

Danny

Hi Danny. Sorry to hear about the issues with the hotel, the code has now been updated although I’m not sure why the original one supplied by the hotel wasn't working.

Astonishingly all 60 places have now booked up!

• 4 weeks later...

Received an email regarding whether this event will proceed based on a majority. However the email bounced so thought I'd post here. Yes, with sensibe social distancing I'd like to proceed and carry on with the visit.

• 2 weeks later...