T15EGR

Ireland Tour 2011

Join the Lotus Drivers Club in 2011 and take to the open road with an exhilarating drive through Ireland. The dates are now set for the tour; Friday 27 May - Saturday 4 June, and a travel / accommodation itinerary is available to download.

Remote country pubs, staggering cliff faces and winding country roads, which cut through spectacular scenery, are sure to provide everything needed to best see the country. With the aid of our local Lotus enthusiast, Jon Miller, we will provide an itinerary and suggested accommodation for your visit. Whether you would like to join us for a long weekend break or a full length week tour, there will be plenty to see and do.

There are to be many opportunities to enjoy fine food, stop for regular tea and coffee breaks, see stunning countryside and enjoy the complete experience of driving in Ireland. While the suggested tour itinerary will outline possible visits to many of Ireland’s most historical locations and attractions, our day to day itinerary is merely a suggested tour route and in fact, depending on the day, there may be a number of different routes that you can take.
For full travel details, and information on booking, please download the itinerary.

If you would like to contact us about this event or to confirm your interest please contact us at
[email="%3Ca%3Elotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk%3C/a%3E"]lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk[/email]

Obviously putting my name down for this one! Would be interested to hear ideas online from anyone wishing to come along so that I can pass them on to the organisers.

Looking forward to it.

Will also see if I can get a few local Lotus nuts along for some of the days.

Cheers
Jon

Just to wet your appetite this is a possibility for a run on one of the days

[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j49/scattery/IMG_5538.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j49/scattery/IMG_5537.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j49/scattery/IMG_5539.jpg[/img]

Accommodation and travel details will be published in the New Year so that the necessary bookings, and preparation can start.

Confirmed attendees so far;

1. Jon Miller (host)
2. Richard and Jennie Wilson
3. Martin and Gill Edwards
4. Chris Jones and Tash Hill
5. Conway and Joan
6. Dave & Shaz

Anyone else on-line planning to come along?

this looks very interesting and could tempt me over from Luxembourg. I hope the details come out soon as I have just checked ferry crossing from France and they seem to get booked up quickly

[quote name='racy7' date='03 January 2011 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1294080664' post='2243']
this looks very interesting and could tempt me over from Luxembourg. I hope the details come out soon as I have just checked ferry crossing from France and they seem to get booked up quickly
[/quote]
The full details, including hotel stops and discounts, should be available within a couple of weeks I've been told. I can email them to you as soon as I get hold of them.

I've been looking at places to meet and eat in Swansea before ferry, and i was looking at Morgan's Hotel, which is roughly 10/15 minutes away from port, and very easy to get to, but they cannot guarantee parking, as its normal only for residents of hotel.

There is also the Verve Grill which is attached to the Village Hotel. it is much closer to the port again, seems suitable and there looks to be adequate parking but next time I have a car down I'll go and investigate as its a little too far for me to walk. Menu is bit pricey but not too bad, have a look [url="http://www.village-hotels.co.uk/media/332325/verve%20menu%20pdf%20-%20oct%2010.pdf"]here[/url]

Address for Verve Grill is;
Fabion Way, Off Langdon Road,Swansea, SA1 8QY

[color="#ff0000"][b]Update![/b][/color]

Please download the attached itinerary for travel details and booking information. This should have all the information you need in order to book your trip to Ireland with us.

Excellent, Some good roads / areas listed there.

I won't make the whole week but I will come down for the Sun/Mon, and perhaps organise a few other local Lotus owners to do the same.

Cheers
Jon