Sign in to follow this  
SimonP

Elan Plus 2 (1967) Electric windows.

Elan Plus 2 (1967) Electric windows. Hi. I am restoring a 1967 Elan Plus 2. I'm having quite a bit of difficulty with the electric windows. The car has been untouched for over 5 years. I've take the motor out and cleaned and greased but am sill getting little or no closing movement. Has anyone got any advice? Is there a replacement motor unit that fits? Help would be appreciated. Ta!

Hi Simon.

Welcome to the LDC forum, sorry but I can’t give you any practical advice re your window motor but I’ve found 

these guys...https://lotuselan.net/forums/index.php...are a very helpful and knowledgable bunch.

Worth logging on and posting your problem there, I’m sure your not the first Elan owner that’s had window issues!

Andy.

Hi Simon 

Welcome ..have you checked the motor brushes as they maybe worn if they are OK..itvwill be input currentvrelated at the window motor end ..which would mean a motor rewind ( whereby all the copper winds are replaced) relatively in expensive 

Hope this helps 

Ps if all is sound with the windings and motor your problem could be with the window glass runners and bobbin and wire set up ?