Shakira

Heater and Fan control panel lights

Hi 

I have a Lotus Elise S3 2010 model and noticed that the lights of the heater and fan control knobs no longer work. The rest of the electrics seem okay to me.

Anyone had a similar issue or knows what the problem is?

Thank you

S.

You say the rest of the electrics seem ok. What about the interior light? if that is not working have you checked fuses?

Kevin

If you've played around brightness of the dash lights and still nothing, then it may be a failure of the electric current illumination which is the backlight for the HVAC switch panel. 

Mine failed under dealer warranty so got the whole thing replaced.

If that isn't an option for you then a search on Seloc ("HVAC backlight") brings up a few threads in which there are reports of the lighting reappearing after about a week.  Which can happen sometimes with (non-essential) electrical glitches.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 9:43 AM, Kevjp said:

You say the rest of the electrics seem ok. What about the interior light? if that is not working have you checked fuses?

Kevin

The rest of the interior lights work. The heater control lights do come on but then gradually dims and goes out .

On 2/19/2020 at 11:07 AM, Flaming June said:

If you've played around brightness of the dash lights and still nothing, then it may be a failure of the electric current illumination which is the backlight for the HVAC switch panel. 

Mine failed under dealer warranty so got the whole thing replaced.

If that isn't an option for you then a search on Seloc ("HVAC backlight") brings up a few threads in which there are reports of the lighting reappearing after about a week.  Which can happen sometimes with (non-essential) electrical glitches.

The car is no longer under warranty. I have noticed that the light has come back on again but then gradually diminishes until it goes off completely.