T15EGR

Anglesey Track Day - 17 May 2020

lotus-on-track-1068x356.png

Sunday 17 May 2020

Anglesey International GP Circuit

The annual Anglesey track day is taking place on Sunday 17 May and is run by our friends at Lotus on Track who provide safe, reasonably priced and sociable track days for Lotus enthusiasts. Anglesey is one of the best circuits in the UK and well worth the effort to visit for a weekend. The day is being run in open pit lane format and is suitable for all experience levels.

This years track day costs from £175 and bookings must be made through Lotus on Track – click here to book

• General circuit information: here
  • Noise limit: 105db static
  • Format: Open Pit Lane
  • Experience level: All levels Price: £175 first 20 places then £210
  • Instruction: £25
  • Crash Helmets: £20
  • 2nd Driver (over 21): FREE until 1/1 then £25.
  • Passengers (over 18): FREE

Itinerary: Registration – 7.45 – 8.30 / Drivers Briefing 8.35 / Driving Starts 9.00 / Closes 17.00. Please bring your driving licence – this will be checked at sign on. Final instructions will be emailed out 3 days before the event.

Anglesey2-1920x1080.jpg

Can't wait for my first track day in the Exige only 187 more sleeps :)

Booked instructor too so I can unlearn all my bad habits!

• Like 1

Hi, I am booked in also, see you there, we will be in a dark greeny/black/blue looking S1 Exige.

Obviously you will have to look out for us in your rear view mirror!

Kim

On 11/12/2019 at 2:05 PM, BondExige said:

Can't wait for my first track day in the Exige only 187 more sleeps :)

Booked instructor too so I can unlearn all my bad habits!

Anglesey is a great circuit, especially when the weather is on side. I took my Exige on track here only a few months after collecting it 😅 As soon as I get the car noise tested and my track day insurance sorted, I think I'm going to have to book this otherwise I'm going to be left out.

34022672242_ceedbb6126_o.jpeg

3 hours ago, BondExige said:

Have you got a different exhaust to the factory one?

Yes, I've recently upgraded from the factory Janspeed (360 Cup) exhaust and OEM manifolds to a full 2bular track/road system including more recently an upgraded air intake kit. The system is rated to be under 105db but I want to test it to make sure. Do you know what your 410 tests at? I know Jim at 2bular has been doing a roaring trade with 410/430 Cup owners who need a quieter system for track days.

No idea what the sounds level is, I'll find out at Anglsey. It would be pretty dumb to sell a track focused car with a exhaust too loud for tracks though!

On 11/28/2019 at 12:33 PM, BondExige said:

No idea what the sounds level is, I'll find out at Anglsey. It would be pretty dumb to sell a track focused car with a exhaust too loud for tracks though!

Unfortunately, that's exactly what I hear they've done (clicky). I think tracks like Anglesey aren't as bad at 105db but circuits such as Thruxton and Bedford have higher restrictions. I was ok at Anglesey and Castle Combe with the stock V6/360 Cup exhaust. I'll let you know when I've got a tester. Worst case you'll have to go with the valve shut and short shift 🤣

I spoke to LOT yesterday as I saw on their website that Hethel track day has been cancelled, they say UK track days should be ok.

I suppose we are all just waiting to see what happens from here on.

Kim