Livy

New Lotus Branding

Do you like the new Logo?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new Logo?

• Yes, I like it
    • No, I don't like it

Well it's been a few days since the rebranding of the Lotus logo and try as I might, I really can't bring myself to like it. I do understand that a branding needs to evolve but I really think this is a step backwards rather than forwards. The Lotus text unbalances the shape of the roundal by being straight and not curved. If they really wanted to modernise it they should have stuck with the 1968 version keeping some of the heritage and updated the ACBC with the new modern style. Keep it yellow but not the shade they currently have, it just looks like a child has created it in Microsoft paint.

Just my opinion.

Mark

image.jpeg

Oh no, Mark you had to open this can of worms didn't you! 😫

Now I'm going to stick my head above the water and immediately say my initial impression was that I actually liked the re-design. Naturally people hate change, in all walks of life but I like the flat, solid colours and think it will look great in print and on websites/social media. I do agree there is an essence of Microsoft Paint and I will wait to see how the updated logo sits on the front of the cars. I wonder who will be the first to get a car with the new badge 🤔

Looking back at the millennial logo designs, I was never much a fan of all the silver and chrome effect. Now I'm not a graphics designer, and I've come across very few comments which support the new logo design, on Facebook and the media, but I trust the brand and those behind it.

• Like 1

Looking back at Mark's nice collection of badges, you will notice the original badge, up to '86, has no serifs on any letters, same as the 'new' version! but the colours are wrong and it does look very cheap & tacky - and you lose the Heritage, which I reckon is what helps to sell in what is pretty much a niche market.

Time for a list, I reckon...!

For                                  Against

1                                         2

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Looking back at Mark's nice collection of badges, you will notice the original badge, up to '86, has no serifs on any letters, same as the 'new' version! but the colours are wrong and it does look very cheap & tacky - and you lose the Heritage, which I reckon is what helps to sell in what is pretty much a niche market.

Time for a list, I reckon...!

For                                  Against

1                                         2

Great idea, I've added a poll to the top of the page 😎