Lotus Drivers Club
Sign in to follow this  
Elanjack

Midlands Area - The Stag at Redhill, Alcester - 2nd Thurs 7:30pm

Hi Tex & Andy,

Andy is correct we meet on the 2nd Thursday (nearer 8pm?) of each month but this Thursday just happens to be the start of the fish & chip supper with beer (or wine) for £10 per head, as a result of last month's "ideas meeting".  All are welcome but  I do need to know in advance how many will want fish & chips.  Those at the last meeting should receive an email asking the same "do you want fish & chips?" question.

Adrian

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Elanjack said:

Hi Tex & Andy,

Andy is correct we meet on the 2nd Thursday (nearer 8pm?) of each month but this Thursday just happens to be the start of the fish & chip supper with beer (or wine) for £10 per head, as a result of last month's "ideas meeting".  All are welcome but  I do need to know in advance how many will want fish & chips.  Those at the last meeting should receive an email asking the same "do you want fish & chips?" question.

Adrian

Hi Adrian ,

Down in London Thursday unfortunately but have just realised that there are 2 Midlands meets and its the East Mids on a Monday although that’s a bit further on for me 

Cheers Colin 

ps : who said Lotus’ s are not Supercars

Hi Tex/Colin

Actually there are 3 Midlands group meetings:-

East Midlands.

West Midlands Area 1 which meets on the 2nd Sunday at the Hilltop Farm on the Fosse Way for breakfast, 9am.

West Midlands Area 2 which meets on the 2nd Thursday at the Stag, Alcester.

Adrian

Adrian, will you check back here, or do you want to provide an email address for those not in receipt of your email to request the offer?

(assuming they're not excluded...? :o)

• Haha 1

Ian,

I hope no one is excluded, and I have been checking this post, however I thought I had clicked the 'Notify me of replies' button!!!  Clearly I had not?

I did get one request via Chris Dewing's LDC email.

Adrian

In addition to Fish & Chips, this month we have a guest speaker, Terry Giles, who has owned his Lotus 7 S1 since 1974 and featured in Classic & Sports Car magazine.

An informal presentation and slide show on the history & restoration of TVB 350 but we hope Terry will arrive in the Lotus.

dlotus7.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Eddie, great that you could join us.  

Thanks to Lynn and Chris the fish and chip are now back to big portions.  Tonight we had a review of the last 10 months activities and we voted on the good the bad and the ugly.  What we liked, didn’t like, would like to do again and what never to do again.  We have had interesting speakers, Malcolm Ricketts, David Pawson and Terry Giles.  Visits to Renault FI, Scalextric days, Open garden /BBQ, Christmas Dinner, Games and Quizzes.  Tonight we were brave enough to have a suggestion box.  So now we can start planning the next 12 months activities.  

Don’t forget the Midland Area 51 meet on the second Thursday of the month at 7.00 for fish and chips at the Stag in Alcester.  

Our speaker next month is Ben Hodgkinson Chief Engineer from Mercedes.   Please come and join us.

Fish and Chips and a pint or small glass of wine £10.

• Thanks 1

Well the votes have been counted and the suggestions digested and the planning for next year’s Lotus Drivers Club Midlands Area is now in full swing.  Here is the summary of the Lotus Drivers Club Voting for 2018/2019 activities.

Top event - Malcom Ricketts - who hopefully will be returning this year for another fabulous evening.

2nd Top Event  - Drive Out and Trip to Gaydon and BBQ/Open Gardens at Bricklewood - Cricket on the lawn at Bricklewood will take place this year in August or July 

3rd Top Event - Drive Out and visit to F1 Team Renault and our Local Christmas Meal.  Christmas meal will be served again in January 2020.

4th Top Event - Scalextric day, Quizz and Games nights - we plan to make next years scalextric day bigger and better than this year’s.

5th Top Event - Member Speakers.  Who have kindly said they will return 2019/2020 for another talk 

Norway nul points!

We had many suggestions which we are processing and we will add to this year’s exciting events.

Hope to see you all soon at our monthly meetings.  🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎

• Thanks 1

Like it good selection of events Midlands we’re keep you busy please post your photos of events you visited .

@Lotusdriverclub great place to post .

2019 busy year .