T15EGR

Curborough Introduction to Sprinting - Postponed

Postponed

The date for this years introduction to trackdays and sprinting event is Thursday 23rd of April at the Curborough Sprint Course. This is a brilliant chance for anyone with little or no experience of sprinting or trackdays. 

The controlled environment will allow you to learn to push yourself and your car as far as you like with no other cars on circuit at the same time to worry about. There are also plenty of chances to get in the passenger seat with more experienced drivers. To secure your place please complete and return the entry form and submit your entry fee online.

Timetable

• 08:30 – 09:30 Signing on and Scrutineering
  • 09:30 – 10:00 Introduction to the day, discussion of car / driver preparation and track walk
  • 10:00 – 13:30 Track Session 1
  • 13:30 – 14:00 Lunch break
  • 14:00 – 17:30 Track Session 2

Entry Fee

• £110 Lotus Drivers Club Members
  • £130 non Lotus Drivers Club Members
  • £25 per Additional Driver

Entry fee includes breakfast, tea/coffee and lunch.

For more information contact Martin Edwards: m.edwards@lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Curborough is situated off the A38 trunk road between Burton on Trent and Lichfield in Staffordshire. The venue is Brown Signed once you are off the A38, and also the A515 from the West. Curborough track does not have a specific postcode, but you can use the one for the nearest property which is WS13 8EJ. If you are entering an address in your sat nav the circuit is in Netherstowe Lane off Wood End Lane.

Looking forward to this after missing out last year. 

11 hours ago, Alan said:

Looking forward to this after missing out last year. 

Me too. Hopefully we won't have a repeat of the stormy weather from last year. I think we're planning on doing this on the way up to Cumbria for the weekend 🏎️

I’m really interested in coming along this year. Would like to dip my toe into the world of track days and this seems like an ideal way to start. 

Does Curborough have a noise limit? My only concern with tracking my car is that it’s currently too loud!

22 hours ago, kerm111t said:

I’m really interested in coming along this year. Would like to dip my toe into the world of track days and this seems like an ideal way to start. 

Does Curborough have a noise limit? My only concern with tracking my car is that it’s currently too loud!

It's a great little circuit and was also my first introduction to sprint/track driving, highly recommend it if you can. In terms of a noise limit, the club doesn't enforce one and I don't believe Curborough have ever monitored this for the clubs day either so you'll be fine 👍

15 hours ago, T15EGR said:

It's a great little circuit and was also my first introduction to sprint/track driving, highly recommend it if you can. In terms of a noise limit, the club doesn't enforce one and I don't believe Curborough have ever monitored this for the clubs day either so you'll be fine 👍

Great, thanks for letting me know. Looking forward to it!

@T15EGR Hi - just wondered if there were any plans to rearrange this event? From what I can see Curborough is planning to reopen from July 1st - would be great to squeeze something in before the end of the summer if possible!

9 hours ago, kerm111t said:

@T15EGR Hi - just wondered if there were any plans to rearrange this event? From what I can see Curborough is planning to reopen from July 1st - would be great to squeeze something in before the end of the summer if possible!

I'll keep you updated. I reckon we should be able to get something booked for August/September 😎

47 minutes ago, T15EGR said:

I'll keep you updated. I reckon we should be able to get something booked for August/September 😎

Fantastic - looking forward to it!