Curborough Introduction to Sprinting - 17 Sept 2020


Recommended Posts

Thursday 17 September 2020

Are you interested in finding the limits of your Lotus on track, or would you like to give it a go for the first time?

The Lotus Drivers Club Introduction to Sprinting event at Curborough Sprint Course has a new date of Thursday 17 September 2020. The day will allow you to develop your driving skills and to push your car as far as you like with no other cars on circuit. The day is split in to two track sessions: 10:00-13:00 and 14:00-17:00.

Starting from as little as £115, the entry fee includes takeaway breakfast, tea/coffee, lunch (vegetarian option available) and includes both track sessions.

This is a brilliant chance for anyone with little or no experience of sprinting or trackdays. The controlled environment will allow you to learn to push yourself and your Lotus as far as you like with no other cars on circuit at the same time to worry about. 

Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 guidance, spectators will not be allowed at the circuit and passengers must be from the same household. Bookings close 10 September 2020.

Book here

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • T15EGR unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Alan said:

Looking forward to this after missing out last year. 

Me too. Hopefully we won't have a repeat of the stormy weather from last year. I think we're planning on doing this on the way up to Cumbria for the weekend 🏎️

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I’m really interested in coming along this year. Would like to dip my toe into the world of track days and this seems like an ideal way to start. 

Does Curborough have a noise limit? My only concern with tracking my car is that it’s currently too loud!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kerm111t said:

I’m really interested in coming along this year. Would like to dip my toe into the world of track days and this seems like an ideal way to start. 

Does Curborough have a noise limit? My only concern with tracking my car is that it’s currently too loud!

It's a great little circuit and was also my first introduction to sprint/track driving, highly recommend it if you can. In terms of a noise limit, the club doesn't enforce one and I don't believe Curborough have ever monitored this for the clubs day either so you'll be fine 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, T15EGR said:

It's a great little circuit and was also my first introduction to sprint/track driving, highly recommend it if you can. In terms of a noise limit, the club doesn't enforce one and I don't believe Curborough have ever monitored this for the clubs day either so you'll be fine 👍

Great, thanks for letting me know. Looking forward to it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

 

@T15EGR Hi - just wondered if there were any plans to rearrange this event? From what I can see Curborough is planning to reopen from July 1st - would be great to squeeze something in before the end of the summer if possible!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kerm111t said:

 

@T15EGR Hi - just wondered if there were any plans to rearrange this event? From what I can see Curborough is planning to reopen from July 1st - would be great to squeeze something in before the end of the summer if possible!

I'll keep you updated. I reckon we should be able to get something booked for August/September 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, T15EGR said:

I'll keep you updated. I reckon we should be able to get something booked for August/September 😎

Fantastic - looking forward to it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • T15EGR unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.