OrangeExige

AGM at The Stag Redhill - 14 March 2019

Thursday 14 March 2019

The Stag, Redhill, Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 6NQ. AGM to start at 8:00pm

Entry to the AGM is by proof of identity against the current membership list on the day.

If you have any items that you would like discussed at the meeting and for inclusion in the agenda would you please provide a short written synopsis to the Chairman at the address on the bottom of the attached form.

There will be an election of officers at the meeting. In accordance with Club rules the entire committee will stand down but any of them may offer themselves for re-election. If you wish to stand for office or to propose someone for office, please do so on the Nomination Form at the bottom of this page and return it (photocopies of the page are acceptable) to the Chairman.

Please note that both the candidate and the nominee are required to sign the form. To ‘short-circuit’ the system you may send an email to the Chairman and sign the paperwork on the day.

The posts listed on the form are those required by the Club rules plus, in italic, any others currently in use. Members are invited to propose additional posts in the space provided. At least eight posts must be filled to satisfy Club rules.

AGM Notice 2019 (available soon)

For more information contact Lotus Drivers Club Chairman, Colin Smith: c.smith@lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Can I be so bold as to ask why the club have decided to now make the AGM a mid week evening thing next year. I for one will struggle to attend on an evening and I live in the Midlands. I am sure there are also other members who live further away and usually attend the AGM who will now not be able to attend due to the revised timing. 

18 minutes ago, SkyBlue said:

Can I be so bold as to ask why the club have decided to now make the AGM a mid week evening thing next year. I for one will struggle to attend on an evening and I live in the Midlands. I am sure there are also other members who live further away and usually attend the AGM who will now not be able to attend due to the revised timing. 

Agree....pretty inconvenient day and time to hold the AGM IMO.

Rules out more than one or two members from attending.

Andy.

The discussion was had that in previous years the Club has struggled to avoid Mother’s Day when choosing to attend the breakfast meeting at Stoneleigh Park (bad planning I suppose) and also for variation it seemed fair to members to hold the AGM at a different venue. Historically the meeting was always held in the evening so we thought it would be a nice change for those who choose to attend.

Personally even when at Stoneleigh in March, it’s unusual that we would bring the Lotus for a day trip as 9/10 it’s pretty dull weather and the meeting itself is a formality. For Tash and myself for example an evening is more convenient for this type of meeting and The Stag is easier for us as well. 

At the end of the day if it doesn’t work this year and members are adement it should be more accessible and made into more of an event then we can move it again... to Caffeine & Machine for example? There’s a lot on next year ?

Midweek AGM doesn’t work the reason it was moved to Saturday was to get more members to attend Can the board rethink this one Farmers Fayre was working .

starting with its breakfast meet then AGM plus lunch.

Regards 

Eddie King .

I’ve passed on everyones concerns so we’ll see what the consensus is from everyone else. Remember the Club has more events planned already for 2019, of which details are being published, than in previous years so the focus has been put on these with the statutory AGM being held for members to attend if they choose to.

Didn’t realise you all enjoyed Colin’s public speaking so much!

And, as this date is the 2nd Thursday of the month, Club Lotus will be at The Stag as usual for the regular joint meeting!  I think The Stag has only one function room?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Elanjack said:

And, as this date is the 2nd Thursday of the month, Club Lotus will be at The Stag as usual for the regular joint meeting!  I think The Stag has only one function room?

The date was chosen on purpose to conincide with the regular meeting. Do CL book the function room though? Obviously, if they are members of both they would be welcome to attend the meeting, if not they’re part of the wrong Club ?

• Confused 1

It's a joint booking.  The two Clubs meet every month at the same time, not sure how many belong to both clubs.  Club Lotus usually have "the floor" first followed by LDC.  We would have to negotiate with Dipak (Area Leader) that CL could not have their meeting that month?!?  

Not sure how I would feel if Dipak told me that LDC could not have their usual monthly meeting?

• Confused 1

I understand it’s a joint meeting but didn’t realise CL required the entrire room each month. In fairness Dipak could have his 10 minutes before the meeting if necessary although I assume you’d rather not have the meeting at The Stag altogether and that the Club sticks with Stoneleigh or an alternative which is a shame as it’s on all the flyers for 2019 ?

Lets hope you all agree with everything else that’s been planned by the Club for next year ?

• Thanks 1