Sign in to follow this  
fangio246

Exige Mk2 Dash removal help?

Hi All

I've got a 2010 Exige and the both doors will lock with the key fob, however when you push to open on the key fob the passenger door unlocks but the drivers side doesn't….

I have had the drivers door actuator out and 12 volts across it and it opens and closes the actuator ok depending on the polarity.

Have put a meter across the supply to the drivers door actuator and when closing the reading is around 12 volts, however when opening it's in the 1 to 3 volt range or less!

Lotus Cars have suggested it is probably a faulty Central Door Locking Module but this requires removal of the dash to access...

Any other ideas and anyone got a manual including how to remove the dash or diagram I can get?

Thanks in advance

Hi Sinbad

Thanks for the link.

Someone on Exiges.com is suggesting I can remove and refit the Central Door Locking Module without removing the dash. Has anyone got any experience of doing this? If yes then advice on where to find the module when looking straight on at the dash etc?

Thanks in advance

Andy (Worcestershire)

Hi Andy,

From looking at this link...https://wiki.seloc.org/a/Central_Locking_Module_Replacement

looks like it’s buried somewhere to the right of the steering wheel, behind the light switch panel...nice.

Seems  access is tight....no surprise there then!

Best of luck.

P.S hope you’ve got small hands!?

Hi Sinbad

Thanks for the link. However, it is for a 2005 car with the speakers on the side panel. Mine is a later 2010 car with top mounted speakers. I understand from other forums you can get to the module through the top mounted speakers. Just need to know how to get the speakers out?

Cheers

Andy

Hi all
Have replaced the CDL unit earlier today.
Take out the two screws in the 'coin cubby' below the starter button/light switches. Then pull out the panel holding starter button and light switches. There is plenty of cable length to then get this panel well out of the way.
The CDL unit is roughly in line with the top of the panel just removed straight in front of you 6 inches or so in from the front of the dash.
It's held by two screws which you need a very short stubby screwdriver to loosen.
Did the whole job in around 45 minutes. Was quoted £270 + the part by Lotus.
Got my CDL unit from Paul Matty and Silverstone Lotus also have at least one in stock