Sign in to follow this  
CJWJAMES

Jim Clark’s Lotus Elite

ooh...nice!

Love the colour combo,

Matty had Chapman's S2 Elan for sale and sold it for upwards of £65 k, so someone's surely gona pay £100k+ for this.

Do you think it being re bodied since Clarks ownership will affect its value though?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sinbad said:

ooh...nice!

Love the colour combo,

Matty had Chapman's S2 Elan for sale and sold it for upwards of £65 k, so someone's surely gona pay £100k+ for this.

Do you think it being re bodied since Clarks ownership will affect its value though?

Interesting point ?

23 hours ago, sinbad said:

ooh...nice!

Love the colour combo,

I think it having a new body will make it next to worthless, so I will offer 5k and take it off their hands ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, sinbad said:

ooh...nice!

Love the colour combo,

Triggers Broom, its the same broom I've had for 20 years, its had 3 new heads and 2 new handles!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atthelimit said:

Triggers Broom, its the same broom I've had for 20 years, its had 3 new heads and 2 new handles!

I agree .. but Isn’t that the same for any Lotus over 40 yrs old 

new chassis 

new bodies 

etc etc ... 

But it’s got the DNA of the same broom .. don’t you think ? ??

puzzled ?‍♂️

What price celebrity, from an insurance point of view, unless we are talking racing cars, celebrity owners count for very little, certainly not when they are long gone.

We have been asked to insure a hearse that carried Winston Churchill for a few hundred yards on the day of the funeral, a fully restored hearse of the same make and model is perhaps £30k  the owners claim that it is worth in excess of £100K because of "the part it played in the great mans life ". Sorry to state the obvious but it played no part in the great mans life, only a bit part in the great mans death.

A beautiful car the Elite undoubtedly be, is it worth paying more because of the connection, yes a little but only a little, not a fortune more. Now if we dig up some bones and crush them into it, it would have much more DNA!   

2 hours ago, Atthelimit said:

What price celebrity, from an insurance point of view, unless we are talking racing cars, celebrity owners count for very little, certainly not when they are long gone.

We have been asked to insure a hearse that carried Winston Churchill for a few hundred yards on the day of the funeral, a fully restored hearse of the same make and model is perhaps £30k  the owners claim that it is worth in excess of £100K because of "the part it played in the great mans life ". Sorry to state the obvious but it played no part in the great mans life, only a bit part in the great mans death.

A beautiful car the Elite undoubtedly be, is it worth paying more because of the connection, yes a little but only a little, not a fortune more. Now if we dig up some bones and crush them into it, it would have much more DNA!   

I agree with all of that and the DNA bit ?