AH12

What happened to Bruntingthorpe 2017

Although I always do the Bruntingthorpe charity day,  I couldn't do it last year,  but I cannot see any mention or report on it,

did it happen ?

and I can't see anything about Bruntingthorpe 2018

has it all gone wrong?

The Bruntingthorpe event last year was a little different - taking place over two days. There was not much interest from our regular Lotus drivers but Alan managed to recruit a few. Not all cars were Lotus. Saturday the weather was not very good, cold and wet in the morning. Attendance was poor and only £319 was taken. Sunday was better weather wise and attendance was good. Alan took charge as Martin and Gill were unable to be there. £1,000 taken on Sunday.

The proposed date for this years event is August 11th/12th. (it has not been decided yet whether it will be a one day or two day event).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By OrangeExige
      The date for the ASDA charity event called “On Your Marks” is Saturday 6th August. The Lotus Drivers Club are once again taking part in this extraordinary charity transport event, with the chance to give members of the public a fast and thrilling ride around a 2 mile circuit. All proceeds go the children’s charities.

Other car clubs which attend this event include the Viper owners club, Corvette owners club, Nissan Skyline club, GT40 owners club, TVR owners club and the Subaru owners club. Amongst other attractions there are fairground rides and the opportunity to drive an ASDA lorry around the circuit.

The fact is, on your marks has got bigger year on year ,and is Bruntingthorpe’s event of the year with 10,000 people or more and most of them are families having the day of there lives’. Some of them fulfilling life long dreams and wishes.

In 2014 the Lotus Drivers Club raised a successive record breaking amount of £3,053 for the nominated charities. That’s over 600 laps of the Bruntingthorpe Aerodrome in members cars!

The clubs total contribution over the last 7 years has now exceeded £13,000 to the nominated charities.

Each year members continually impress the shows organisers by their determination to succeed in raising as much as possible. It seems that each year more and more people get involved and this year was no exception. Although the drivers do a sterling job, the day wouldn’t be able to run without those manning the club gate selling tickets, the efficient pit crew safely getting the passengers in and out of the cars and of course the tea and coffee makers.

For further details contact Martin Edwards: m.edwards@lotusdriversclub.org.uk