Damsel in Distress

Plea to help me get a plastic seat belt cover

Dear All

Please can someone help me get just a plastic cover for the top of my Lotus SC driver’s side seat belt? I have had one on backorder for 6 months and have spoken to staff at the Lotus factory too and they have confirmed they can’t get them . I do not need a whole new seat belt set, just the clip on plastic cover that sits behind your right ear as you are driving . 

After trying for 6 months to get this part this is my damsel in distress plea to see if any of you can help me .

Thank you .

Hi 

I had the same problem in fact I still have one on back order from 2 years ago and paid for it up front  from bell and coville 

I don’t think it will ever come 

I have since sold my Exige so if mine ever turns up your welcome to it 

Regards 

colin 

3 minutes ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Hi Andy

Thank you and I have emailed them . I never even thought of searching for places that dismantle them so thanks for sharing your wisdom . 

Best wishes .

If you are going down the salvage / Car breaker route UK LOTUS is worth a try 

Hi Colin

Thank you for your reply and if you have been waiting for two years at least I can be realistic and not expect to get one anytime soon! That is so kind to offer me yours if it ever turns up so thank you and do let me know. 

I have tried UK Lotus too now,  so thanks for that idea but alas they do not have one either. 

Surely someone somewhere must have one knocking around?

Best wishes.

I have used Elise-shop in the past. Chap called Yvo runs it he's a very helpful guy.

Hi I also have one on back order. Have to admit my temporary solution seems to work quite well I’ve used clear silicone to stick the outer cover back on.

Is this VX 220 part on eBay compatible?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-VX220-SEAT-BELT-ANCHORAGE-COVER-VX22O-PLASTIC-SEATBELT-COVER-BC03CTU/282841337274?hash=item41daa84dba:g:MzUAAOSwXsFafWZn

What with Lotus being legendary parts bin divers I’d be surprised if it’s a bespoke part.....Vauxhall?