OrangeExige

National Memorial Arboretum Visit - Sunday 14 October 2018

Hello everyone

Just a quick update on this event.

Due to the unpredictability on the numbers for this event we have decided that there won't be an organised drive out as such from Hilltop farm to the NMA. It will be a case of setting the sat nav, using a map, or for those with local knowledge of the route , you can head off and find your own way on a route of your choice.

The plan is to leave Hilltop around 11.30 in order to be at the NMA & parked up for 13.00. (GM gives around an hour journey time), or earlier depending on your chosen route. 

For anybody that has not booked & paid for this event on our webshop it's fine to turn up on the day, please just bring £3 cash with you for the NMA parking.

Look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday

Stuart

It’s good to see we can pay on the day. Having decided to come after all, it would seem the car has other ideas! (Nothing serious, just a window that won’t close.) 

Hopefully I will join you, but it may be weather permitting!

Any more takers?

Attending:

1. John - Lotus Exige S 
  2. Stuart & Vicky - Lotus Exige S1
  3. Mark & Lisa - Elise S1
  4. Andy - Lotus
  5. Dean & Lisa - Elise S1
  6. Doug & Clare - Elan S3(ish)
  7. Kathryn - Elan M100

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:03 PM, Livy said:

Any more takers?

Attending:

1. John - Lotus Exige S 
  2. Stuart & Vicky - Lotus Exige S1
  3. Mark & Lisa - Elise S1
  4. Andy - Lotus
  5. Dean & Lisa - Elise S1
  6. Doug & Clare - Elan S3(ish)
  7. Kathryn - Elan M100

8. David & Fran Elise s3.

• Like 1

Sadly I think I’m going to give it a miss. I’ve got my window closed, but it is quite a long way to drive in the rain.☹️

21 hours ago, Kathryn said:

Sadly I think I’m going to give it a miss. I’ve got my window closed, but it is quite a long way to drive in the rain.☹️

Well looking outside and checking the forecast it's looking like a very wet and windy day. Unfortunately Lisa & I are going to give this run out a miss which is a shame as it would be the last one before the Elise's hibernation.

Have a good one alL and you at the Christmas do 👍🏻

• Sad 1

Thankyou to everyone who attended and supported today, a cracking turn out considering the weather. Even the MG Enthusiast Club made an appearance as well as 8-9 Aston Martins.

I really enjoyed the day, the weather improved and we managed to get round some of the grounds/memorials. I hope you found the venue interesting and you left wanting to visit again.

Was nice to meet some members of the club and I hope my knowledge of the grounds made the day more interesting.

• Like 1

Hey John - thank you so much for your efforts in making this event happen. Even with the weather playing silly bu$$ers we really enjoyed the Arboretum and we will definitely be returning in the summer when the weather will hopefully be better.

A lovely and thought provoking venue.

Great getting to spend some time talking to the both of you and meeting new members.

Well done mate

Stu

Such a shame about the weather. Having spent each hour of daylight after work all week trying to fix my window I fully intended to come. I had the car all ready, my raincoat handy and £3 in my purse. I kept checking the weather forecast, high 90% chance of HEAVY rain all morning and thought driving nearly 100 miles in that wouldn’t be the enjoyable day I’d hoped for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1