Sign in to follow this  
fangio246

Garage Servicing Recommendations

Hi All

My 2010 S2 Exige is coming up for a service (I've only had her since last February). I'm after some garage recommendations in the South Birmingham, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire area - I don't mind travelling. My general experience is that good independents are often more thorough and cheaper than Franchise garages, however I'm happy to consider a Franchise.

Look forward to hearing some recommendations

Hi 

if you want an independent who is Lotus trained and seems to know everything Lotus I would recommend GAV at unit 4 based in Burton on TRENT  or you could try Paul Matty sports cars ? 

I have had 3 Lotus variants and have used both 

I hope this helps 

regards

colin 

Hi 246,

Silverstone Lotus look after my S2 Elise. 

A dealership,  so not the cheapest, but always had an efficient and friendly service.

Andy.

(10% discount for LDC members)

I would highly recommend Guglielmi Motorsport in Daventry. They know Lotus inside out and have always looked after me. Steve is a really genuine guy too.

Any of these recommendations are well thought of in the Lotus community so I'm sure you'll find someone that suits your requirements.

Cheers

Mark

Dan Webster at HPE Automotive (Brosmgrove) - can't say I've actually used him (because I moved away before needing work done on my S3 Elise), but I bent his ear about what I wanted and he was timely and helpful in response.

I did used Lotus Silverstone for a couple of years and their frontline customer service is excellent (ask for Sam). 

Another vote for Steve Gugliemi.

I have used him for a few years now,  really knows his stuff. 

Hi All

Thanks for the recommendations so far. Am torn between HPE in Bromsgrove (nearer) or GAV in Burton!

GAV is your man why not give him a call and have a chat on the telephone ( my car is there at the moment ??) you know it makes sense ?

good choice either way ?

regards 

colin 

Another one for Gav unit 4 does a great job :) 

paul matty only if you wanna be charged a obscene amount of money