OrangeExige

Ragley Hall Classic Car Show - Sunday 27 May 2018

The Club is only registered for a display area in front of Ragley Hall on the Sunday but if you’ve purchased tickets for the Monday entry will be as normal but you may be asked to park within the public parking area.

On 3/24/2018 at 2:28 PM, OrangeExige said:

The Club is only registered for a display area in front of Ragley Hall on the Sunday but if you’ve purchased tickets for the Monday entry will be as normal but you may be asked to park within the public parking area.

Thanks for the info

I may give them a call, if I have to park in the public areas I may not bother going!

Andy

29 minutes ago, fangio246 said:

Thanks for the info

I may give them a call, if I have to park in the public areas I may not bother going!

Andy

No problem. To be fair, even the public, none display parking at Ragley is perfectly fine, very close to the main displays. I believe you can even park down by the lake.

Hi all 12 cars booked this year .

On 5/10/2018 at 7:42 PM, A7ESK said:

Hi all 12 cars booked this year .

Hi Eddie 

thank you for the update 

in the past we have had up to 60 cars and having attended the LDC stag meeting on Thursday there seems to be some confusion 

there are members wanting to book and can’t they are told by Gemini events the stand is full ? 

So what do they do ? 

Can somebody post how other members get  tickets ? 

Also were are the tickets ? 

This is a poor show of cars for what used to be a big Event for LDC ? Why is this any ideas 

regards 

colin 

Don’t no as I’m not organised it normally it’s Mick J that sent me a email that’s all that’s booked in did say he had spare tickets.

im in Italy on hols might be worth contacting colin smith .

This is email Colin 

Hi Eddie

We are going away tomorrow and back Monday-means we miss Sunday meet.

The on line booking has closed and Gemini say  LDC only have 12 entries.

I have a   small number of tickets. Anyone still wanting to go they c an s till come but have to pay £10 at the entrance.

Could you ask please for helpers  to set things up on Saturday.

Many thanks

Mick

14 hours ago, A7ESK said:

This is email Colin 

Hi Eddie

We are going away tomorrow and back Monday-means we miss Sunday meet.

The on line booking has closed and Gemini say  LDC only have 12 entries.

I have a   small number of tickets. Anyone still wanting to go they c an s till come but have to pay £10 at the entrance.

Could you ask please for helpers  to set things up on Saturday.

Many thanks

Mick

Hi Eddie 

thank you for letting us know by posting this 

numbers are very disappointing for LDC this year . 

Back in the day when Arthur ran it all  be it under different event  organisers entries would be with 60 + cars ! on our stand . maybe as a club we have taken our eye of the ball this year . ? 

Lets hope we can get other LDC members involved as this is a great day and one of the better LDC supported days out to enjoy with old and new LDC friends ( last year we had Gill and Conway’s birthday celebrations fantastic ) 

Regards

colin 

** come on all you great LDC members get booking your tickets and come enjoy a fantastic day out ** 

question ? 

Can members who pay on the gate still park and join the LDC group display parking ?? 

many thanks in advance 

I don't think any criticism or blame whatsoever can be attributed to Mick Jaggard!

After The Stag meeting, I called Gemini Events on Friday, from that discussion they seem to have a completly different approach to the event from the Transtar time.

I understand today Mick had four spares and is attempting to get more tickets off Gemini - but call him...!

And yes, if you get in (pay on the gate price, or book on-line as public, cheaper) you can park in the stand area.

12 hours ago, Ian said:

I don't think any blame whatsoever can be attrubted to Mick Jaggard!

After The Stag meeting, I called Gemini Events on Friday, from that discussion they seem to have a completly different approach to the event from the Transtar time.

I understand today Mick had four spares and is attempting to get more tickets off Gemini - but call him...!

And yes, if you get in (pay on the gate price, or book on-line as public, cheaper) you can park in the stand area.

Hi Ian 

thank you for making contact with Gemini and for the update but just to be clear to anyone reading this 

the discussion at the stag and the thread on here at no time has any blame made or implied to Mick jaggards or anyone else. Members were just asking questions and difficulties they were encountering trying to get tickets which has not been an issue in past years . 

Moving on ... 

So this is a cleaver move and money maker for Gemini events allowing limited discounted tickets or a deadline for discounted tickets for clubs and there members so that other members willing to stay and display there cars have to pay a higher public rate 

I hope they understand without the cars they do not have a show !! I would have thought the more display cars encouraged the better ? 

Thank you for answering my question regarding parking 

Its good to know that we can attend and park on the LDC stand and hope that  members without pre booked tickets will still come along on the day 

Disappointing news that Gemini have taken this approach something to think about next year for me 

regards 

colin