OrangeExige

Beaulieu Supercar Weekend, A Weekend To Remember

A display of over 100 Lotus Cars, representing three different Lotus Car clubs. Club Lotus, Lotus Drivers Club and Lotus Forums.

We arrived on site at Beaulieu Motor Museum early on the Sunday morning and were met by Stuart and Vicky Mason who were organising the Lotus Drivers Club members. We soon came up with a plan to park the cars by model order, forming two chevron columns going down towards the LDC club marquee.

As the Lotus cars began to arrive we directed them between us, to their respective line ups, with everyone working hard to make this achievable. The Lotus drivers and crews had access to the drivers hospitality tent, where they could get free tea, coffee, cakes and buns (always welcome by any Lotus member). To one side of our stand we had the Porsche club and on the other side we had Lamborghini and TVR clubs. There were supercars as far as the eye could see.

Throughout the day, the cars demonstrated their power on the course, laid out by Beaulieu on the estate road. Some of the notable cars which attended, besides the Lotus’s were the LaFerrari, which literally means The Ferrari, which as you all know is the first Ferrari Hybrid car, one has just sold at auction for £5,743,500.00. Another Hybrid car displayed was the new Honda NSX. There were a large number of McLarens on display, one of my favourite cars (after my Lotus’s) is the McLaren 720S which was also displayed coincidently next to a Lotus. This really is a fantastic event, with the ability to watch supercars navigate the slalom, view loads of fantastic cars up close, visit all the attractions of the Beaulieu Museum and Palace House, where there was even a falconry display. I have already booked us in for next year with the organisers. Watch this space for more details.

Enjoy a few of our favourite moments from the Supercar Weekend at Beaulieu: click here

• Like 1