OrangeExige

Pembrokeshire 2017 *Driving Adventure* Mike Stripe Memorial Event - APRIL 2017

Fantastic response from everyone already :o

The proposed date is Friday 28 April - Monday 1 May (Bank Holiday) 2017

I'd better get my maps out folks. I'd appreciate it if those who were with us this year could comment as to whether this years Saturday route was too long. I'm aware that some did not manage to complete the whole route. 

9 minutes ago, V4FRP said:

I'd better get my maps out folks. I'd appreciate it if those who were with us this year could comment as to whether this years Saturday route was too long. I'm aware that some did not manage to complete the whole route. 

What would be good if there was a Google Map route that you can send to people in a link. That way you can load it on to your iPhone or Android phone and it makes it easier to navigate. 

Route length was fine and thanks to Lisa's good map reading, we saw the route and more :)

Thanks Alan. Now that would be a challenge for me with my technical knowledge but I like challenges, consider the challenge taken up.

Bank holiday weekend, means I can stay over until the Monday.....good call!

Dave, thought the length of the route was fine, splits the group up a bit, gives everyone options, how far to go, which bit to do, which way to go round! We just drove the first stage to St Davids and back, fine.

You did such a good job organising it 1st time round can't see how you can improve it!

Lookin' forward to ragging' the Elan round those twisty roads this time...what it was made for.?

Andy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sinbad said:

Bank holiday weekend, means I can stay over until the Monday.....good call!

Dave, thought the length of the route was fine, splits the group up a bit, gives everyone options, how far to go, which bit to do, which way to go round! We just drove the first stage to St Davids and back, fine.

You did such a good job organising it 1st time round can't see how you can improve it!

Lookin' forward to ragging' the Elan round those twisty roads this time...what it was made for.?

Andy.

Thanks Andy so looking forward to seeing you again, your comments are very much appreciated.

Hi Dave,

I think the Saturday route was spot on and catered for all people. Tons of excellent roads for those who wanted to drive the whole route, but also plenty of stop offs for those who wished to spend more time exploring. It is always hard to please everyone, but I think you may have achieved it last year.

Not forgetting that those of us that are travelling from the midlands area also have the lovely A40 to drive each way!

Cheers

Dean

• Like 1

On 22 October 2016 at 7:44 AM, SkyBlue said:

Hi Dave,

I think the Saturday route was spot on and catered for all people. Tons of excellent roads for those who wanted to drive the whole route, but also plenty of stop offs for those who wished to spend more time exploring. It is always hard to please everyone, but I think you may have achieved it last year.

Not forgetting that those of us that are travelling from the midlands area also have the lovely A40 to drive each way!

Cheers

Dean

Thanks Dean we are so pleased you enjoyed the weekend. Comments to date are food for thought for the coming event.

Hi Dave,

we'd agree the route was excellent and I echo what everyone else has said that it gave everyone lots of flexibility. I think Lisa would appreciate the google map idea from Alan although she has a big smile on her face now knowing she did a good job map reading.......cheers Alan.

We're really forward to spending another wonderful weekend in beautiful South West Wales.

Cheers

Mark & Lisa

We're up for this again. Please add Hartley & Rachel to the list. 

Rachel thought the Saturday route was a touch on the long side, but probably only because the scenery was so spectacular that we had to keep stopping! It was a fantastic weekend, you'll be hard pressed to top it Dave, but don't let that stop you trying!

Hartley & Rachel