GrumpyBodger

General F1 Chat

Yesterday I had no real intention of watching the Monaco GP as I usually find it one of the most boring TV Spectator events on the Calender.
Well the Telly was turned on at lap 36 & I wished I'd been Home earlier to have watched more.
It wasn't the Racing that was so inspiring but the Camera work & Choreography of them.
They seem to have found some great high angle & low angle Camera positions plus the shots from the Air.
The Camera work has transformed the Race for me & it will be a must for me next year.
Red Bull do seem to have pressed all of the right Buttons so far & it's pleasing to see Webber doing well.
Only a few years ago he couldn't get a seat in an F1 Car because the Teams weren't prepared to make a Car to fit him, obviously Red Bull realised that the Talent was worth the effort.
Now I'm looking forward to Istanbul, the best Track in the Calender IMHO.

Cheers
John

So far I am enjoying the 2010 season with even better expectations for the later half of the season. The pace by Red Bull has somewhat suprised me even though they proved their ability last year. I was one of those who some what expected a red mist to appear back at the front but as it stands both Massa and Alonso are struggling to keep up with the pace of the RR's and sometimes even McLaren. As for the Monaco Grand Prix ... it was the usual classic encounter and even Schumacher can't resist pulling off yet another controversial move.

[img]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/LDC01/Forum%20Images/_G7C1909.jpg[/img]

[quote name='trigger' date='17 May 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1274121664' post='539']
............ and even Schumacher can't resist pulling off yet another controversial move.

[/quote]

....but had forgotten that Damon Hill was the FIA appointed Race Steward for the weekend. I bet it was worth the wait...... Te He!

Penalised 20 secs and now in 12th place, I think. I wonder if it will stick after all Schumi is made of teflon rather than blanket wool

Damon Hill's Day of retribution, maybe.
It'll be interesting to see how this pans out; there seemed to be a lot of uncertainty regarding the interpretation of that no overtaking rule & I'm expecting Schumi's Team to contest the decision.
Or is it now cast in Stone?
Great days when the pair of them kept barging one another off the track, WW3 so to say.
I wonder how young Damon would do today where so many of the Cars are comparable in Performance & Handling; let's be fair, he did gain his World Champion Title with a Car that was supremely superior to those of the other Drivers, hardly a fair contest.

Oh dear I'm beginning to sound like a dyed in the wool Schumi' Fan!
Now where did I put my Medication.
Now preparing to be knocked down in Flames :o

Cheers
John

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Lets just make this clear, I am not a Shumi fan but..........

I think from what I understand it was legal, they were under racing conditions as opposed to the situation of finishing the race under safety car conditions. Even if he should not have overtaken, the penalty seems a bit harsh, seems like every dog has his day and this time it was Damons, Te Hee! :P

I think the Red Bulls have shown they are the best car out there, if they have solved the niggles then they will be hard to stop. Glad to see Webber doing well, not only would no one fit him in a car but for many seasons he has been plain unlucky, I hope it keeps going well for him, he always comes across as a nice guy. Vetel looked a bit miffed in the press room, he dosen't like being beaten by Webber but his time will come again. [/font]

[quote name='Atthelimit' date='18 May 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1274176211' post='547']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Lets just make this clear, I am not a Shumi fan but..........

I think from what I understand it was legal, they were under racing conditions as opposed to the situation of finishing the race under safety car conditions. Even if he should not have overtaken, the penalty seems a bit harsh, seems like every dog has his day and this time it was Damons, Te Hee! :P

I think the Red Bulls have shown they are the best car out there, if they have solved the niggles then they will be hard to stop. Glad to see Webber doing well, not only would no one fit him in a car but for many seasons he has been plain unlucky, I hope it keeps going well for him, he always comes across as a nice guy. Vetel looked a bit miffed in the press room, he dosen't like being beaten by Webber but his time will come again. [/font]
[/quote]

At 21 I used to get miffed when Girls gave me the Boot so I think Vettel's coping well with the pressure.
I put the British Flag out for him when he wins!
He's Half Brit after all!!
Not many people know that :D :D

Again I'm not a major Shumi fan (though have great respect for his ability on track) but i think the penalty was harsh considering that the cars where so closely bunched together after the safety car. In normal circumstances a 20sec penalty might of only dropped him 2 or 3 places.

[quote]"At 21 I used to get miffed when Girls gave me the Boot so I think Vettel's coping well with the pressure".[/quote]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]So how do you cope now John, lol [/font]:D

[quote name='Atthelimit' date='20 May 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1274363110' post='558']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]So how do you cope now John, lol [/font]:D
[/quote]

Oh well yes I did get Married; that [b][i]"fixed"[/i][/b] everything ;)
And now, errrrm Hormones, what were those? :D