Lotus Drivers Club
Allthumbsmo

Elise S2 K - Air Filters and Induction Kits

HI folks.

I almost dread asking this as having viewed a few other sites and fora, I know people have their opinions on the matter but, Does anyone on here know of any genuine tested and evidenced performance gains to be had from any "performance" air filters or induction kits without having to go to the ECU.

I'm not interested in sound/noise (my Stage 2 exhaust gives enough music for my ears) or "feel".

I have a 2001 S2 K-series.

Thanks for any evidence (independent of manufacturers, of course).

Mo

Exhaust you done that's a great step forward I did change my filter for a sports one .
Eddie
Try Hanger 111 .

Thanks for the lead. I'm just trying to decide whether I can gain anything meaningful by spending two or three hundred pounds or if I should wait and save my pennies for a trip to Emerald. It's really about bangs for bucks. Exhaust sounds wonderful so I don't need any more sound if it comes without real power or torque gains. There are simply too many claims and too few figures out there. Maybe another tot of malt will help my decision making process. Think I should try, anyway :)

The only ones who can provide Dyno A-B comparison are as far as I know are ITG.

(Call them - I think you'll find they're very helpful)

The claims by other well known manufacturers are not I believe able to be substantiated -  so just check...!

I and many others have the £40 ITG filter, which simply replaces the paper insert. (It's only £40 after all, and that's about the same price as standard one).

Well, took my eye off this one for quite a while. Upshot is that I've decided that minimal or no performance enhancement plus a bit more noise, isn't what I want. If, I ever really, really want more, I'll just have to bite the bullet and get some head work done. Thanks for your input. Spring soon!

The best performance upgrade on any car is driver training. If you haven't had track tuition, spend money there first.
  • Like 1