Sign in to follow this  
A7ESK

Evora withdrawn from USA

2014 Lotus Evora S
Following on from Lotus’s announcement of impending job losses, some more bad news for the brand’s dwindling band of followers in the States: We’ve learned that the company’s last street-legal model, the Evora, is going to be withdrawn from sale in the U.S.

The news probably doesn’t come as a huge surprise. The 2014 Evora happened only because the company got a 12-month exemption on the federal requirement to fit smart airbags. That has now expired, and a highly placed source in a U.S. dealer group has confirmed that Lotus won’t be re-engineering the car to meet the new safety standards. So when the remaining inventory of 2014 cars is sold, a process that will likely take us well into 2015, Lotus dealers will be reduced to selling track-only variants of the Elise and Exige in the U.S.

2014 Lotus Evora S

Taken from
MLOC
http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/topic/63644-lotus-to-cut-potentially-325-jobs/page-2

OK I graphed the UK registration figures (I've crudely extrapolated 2014's using based on 3/4s) Don't open if you are squeamish.

Lotus sales.PNG

So Lotus are now hoping to offset lack of UK sales with loads of cars into foreign markets. Without new products how long before they too become saturated?

Halo cars like an Esprit are all well and good, but where is the volume going to come from ? Remember which car saved Porsche from the brink.. a clue it wasn't the 911 Turbo, or 959.

To me this quote sums it up:

" there is a consumer out there who to all intents and purposes has been left behind,” says Ali.

http://www.autocar.c...asic-sports-car

WE are those consumers! Happily driving round in our S1s and S2s, there is very little in the product range that would get us out of those cars.

Sure the E10 has the 211 / Caterham market in it's sights, but the E11 really could shake up the market. If they get it right Lotus have until 2016 to do something serious with the Elise, and I'm not talking about a "special limited edition, brown with yellow striped version, commemorating the opening of the new toilet block in Hethel".

My Lotus buddy's say they will be selling lotus cars in 2015 to USA
The updates Evora very nice In white .

The latest press release tells us that US sales are not withdrawn but simply that there is not a specific US spec Evora for 2015. 2014 US spec cars will be available and there will be a 2016 US spec Evora. Lotus is also expanding it's US dealer network.