Sign in to follow this  
Wee_Chris

Valuation

Hi,

I'm getting my Elan back from the body shop tomorrow and think it best I get the car valued for insurance purposes. Never had to do this before so need pointers.

Is it down to a club representative or is the some approved bodies that do this?

Does anybody know someone in Edinburgh that can do this for me?

Thanks for help in advance

Chris

[quote name='Wee_Chris' date='11 May 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1273598415' post='495']
Hi,

I'm getting my Elan back from the body shop tomorrow and think it best I get the car valued for insurance purposes. Never had to do this before so need pointers.
Is it down to a club representative or is the some approved bodies that do this?
Does anybody know someone in Edinburgh that can do this for me?
Thanks for help in advance

Chris
[/quote]
Club Lotus do valuations. See their web site.

A good valuation can be obtained from Paul Matty; he like Club Lotus will need Photos.
1. 3/4 Front View showing Number Plate
2. 3/4 Rear " " " "
3. Interior
4. Engine Bay

Give him a call for exact details.

Paul makes a nominal charge for this service but the proceeds go to a Charity.
He knows his Elans, buying, restoring selling etc. & promotes higher prices for what he considers an undervalued Historic Car.
This however is a double edged Sword; the higher the value of your Car, the higher the Premium.

Cheers
John

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Chris,

Sounds like its getting exciting! Post a picture of the Elan when it comes back.

I echo what has already been said on valuations.

Insurance
Make sure the insurance company increase the value on an "agreed value" basis so that you would get a full payout if a claim should occur. As the value of the car has increased and so the insurers potential payout you will probably be asked to pay a bit more premium. But its better to be properly insurerd rather than to cut corners for a few quid. We are insuring a lot more Elans now with values over 20K.

If you are not already sorted or need any help give me a call.

Kim
Insurance man.
0116 2333559 work[/font]
  • Like 1