Johnhsmith

Learning about the M100

I recently bought an M100 which had been kept in a barn that must have been very close to falling leaves! All of the vents were full of leaves and cause showers whenever the fan is switched on. I've cleared out the face-level vents although the leaves keep coming out, but I can deal with that. The main problem is the screen vents which I just can't reach. Can these be taken out by just unscrewing the central screw? I don't want to end up removing the whole dash, and I've had some horrible shocks when messing with the door trims!
Thanks to anyone who can help.
JohnHS

As from last weekends down south trip, for roof and window seals, this is where to go.

On 07/08/2014 at 10:35 PM, Johnhsmith said:

I recently bought an M100 which had been kept in a barn that must have been very close to falling leaves! All of the vents were full of leaves and cause showers whenever the fan is switched on. I've cleared out the face-level vents although the leaves keep coming out, but I can deal with that. The main problem is the screen vents which I just can't reach. Can these be taken out by just unscrewing the central screw? I don't want to end up removing the whole dash, and I've had some horrible shocks when messing with the door trims!
Thanks to anyone who can help.
JohnHS

I would recommend giving James at the South West Lotus Centre an email or call as they have some great experience with Elan M100's. His email address is webb@thelotuscentre.com