Lotus Drivers Club
Allthumbsmo

Trickle Charger Advice

Hi folks.
Just wondered if anyone could recommend a reasonably priced trickle charger that I could leave attached and switched on. Probably not too much of an issue with the approach of Spring but. I reckon I'll be needing one at some stage.
Rgds
Mo

Not long after getting the Exige I realised I needed to get a charger as the battery was lasting no more than 2-3 weeks of none use before it was too low to turn over, and even worse in the winter months. I bought a Ctek charger, the exact model is the Ctek CTE-XS3600 but the current range is slightly different now. I also have the optional cigarette lighter adaptor as it's an easy way of charging the battery without needing to access it directly. I understand not all Elise/Exige models allow charging through the cigarette lighter but I'm pretty sure you can tell this by whether the cigarette lighter can be used without the ignition being on. The Ctek chargers also have a winter mode. They are well worth having!

This is pretty much the equivalent model to mine, but there is a ton of choice and more expensive models! Amazon also sell the optional adapters and leads to suit.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-Multi-Functional-4-Stage-Battery-Charger/dp/B004TLF4PC/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1394143691&sr=1-1&keywords=Ctek

Thanks, Trigger. That's exactly the sort of info I was looking for. I'll have a good look when I'm more awake. Too much work, this week. :(