Mattwatts

Jake is looking for an Excel

Hi yes

I was going to do a write up on the whole story and jake was going to help as alot of you know him well (But hes had alot of home work), but you beat me to it..

I kept watching jake looking at the Excel on our stand at the NEC, and asking the owner lots of questions. He also spent alot of time with the people on the Lotus Excel stand where they gave him a indepth tour and spent alot of time with him. since that time Jake seemed to really set his heart on one, he had saved up £250 over the last two years to put towards a Lotus car when he could afford one.

I had posted up here (above), on the Lotus forum and Lotus Excel.net that I was looking for a Excel for jake I had to block the sites on our router so Jake would not see the posts.

I was lucky, a nice chap from the Lotus Excel forum offered me a car before christmas for £500

Pictures below !

Condition when the car was collected before jake seen the car

20121216_153210.jpg

20121216_153154.jpg20121216_153118.jpg

I gave the car a good wash, repaired and refitted the door handle on the passanger side so jake could open the drivers door on christmas day

The inside was very wet as the car had stood for 5 years with the drivers door jammed open a bit.

We have been working on the car quite a bit. This is a picture of us repairing the driver side door beam as the drivers side door hinge was broken.

20130105_104556_zps31ad14ab.jpg

We have also removed all the wet interior.

Jake will keep you posted of our progress

Matt

Very well done!

Tash was very tickled when she saw the video and we're both excited to hear the progress and how you both get on.

That's some side in packed bar

The original type 75 Elite won the Don Safety Award when it was first introduced, partly based on its side-impact protection.

There's only one problem with this amazing and heart-warming story. By the time Jake is 17, they will have raised the minimum driving age to 21, insurance will be a £1m a year and old cars will only be allowed on the road on Sundays..........

There's only one problem with this amazing and heart-warming story. By the time Jake is 17, they will have raised the minimum driving age to 21, insurance will be a £1m a year and old cars will only be allowed on the road on Sundays..........

Sadly, you are probably right! Let's hope it doesn't get that bad :unsure:

The original type 75 Elite won the Don Safety Award when it was first introduced, partly based on its side-impact protection.

That's ok, breakfast meet on a Sunday?