Atthelimit

Long pages?

Chris,

Finaly finding my way around the new site,

When I look at a topic there are very long page lenghts before the next reply, it's so long it often looks like there are no replies, is it just something on my cumputer settings or is this something you need to tweak at your end?

If it's me, some tips would be appreciatted.

Kim

Kim,

It's your web browser. If you are using IE only the latest version (IE8) seems to work. Try Google Chrome browser or something like that.

I have tried the forum in IE8, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari and it looks fine on them all. Like Mike says if you are using Internet Explorer then try upgrading, here is the link:

Click here for Internet Explorer 8

Click here to try Firefox instead

Yes at home ok on Google Chrome but when at work it hangs as i search the forums.

Eddie.

Yes at home ok on Google Chrome but when at work it hangs as i search the forums.

Eddie.

I think this being the latest version has been designed around modern web browsers so do not cope well with anything older like IE6/7. Best thing to do is upgrade to the latest browser version you are using and at work badger them for being out dated, unless you can update it yourself ;)

Is this affecting anyone still? or has updated browser versions fixed the problem of long page gaps and hanging performance of the forum? I use the forum on various platforms and browsers with no issue.

ust a heads up that the lobg page thing still seems to be happening - im looking at this at work currently, and its really long pages and all the text down the left hand side of page 1 letter per line so extreamly hard to read.. will have another go at home tonight!

[quote name='bex' date='04 July 2011 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1309781550' post='3590']
ust a heads up that the lobg page thing still seems to be happening - im looking at this at work currently, and its really long pages and all the text down the left hand side of page 1 letter per line so extreamly hard to read.. will have another go at home tonight!
[/quote]
Thanks Bex, I would imagine your web browser at work is not up to date. If you go to the About menu in your web browser it should tell you what version is currently running. Ideally with Internet Explorer it needs to be IE8 or 9 else it will suffer with compatibility issues when accessing the forum.