Lotus Drivers Club
GrumpyBodger

A couple of observations!

Now I don't pretend to be at all observant but today a couple of questions have crossed my mind; having watched today's F1 race.

1. Tobacco Spons[color=#ff0000][size=6]o[/size][/color]rship:-

1a. I've noted that signs of Marlboro spons[color=#ff0000][size=6]o[/size][/color]rship seem to have disapeared completely. The Ferarri white rear wing had Marlboro written on it, which transformed itself into a number of black stripes represrnting the word.
Now Santander has taken over that advertising space.
Does anybody know if Marlboro has any connection with Fe[color=#ff0000][size=6]rr[/size][/color]a[color=#ff0000][size=6]r[/size][/color]i now?

1b. The Lotus spons[color=#ff0000][size=6]o[/size][/color]red Renault is painted in the old well recognised JPS John Player Special colours of the Imperial Tobacco Company; so do they pay for or part of that spons[color=#ff0000][size=6]o[/size][/color]rship?

2. The racing overalls of the Red Bull drivers now seem to have the number 1 on the leg of Vettel[size=6][color=#FF0000]'[/color][/size]s overalls & the number 2 on Webber's. I wonder what Mr. Webber thinks about that? :rolleyes:

Oh & a pretty good race today; I do like that Indian track.

Cheers
John

Having previously pulled me up on spellings - 'Sponsored'! ;o)
Will we see you at the Christmas dinner John....?

Ah thanks Ian. :unsure:
Given it another run through now.

No I don't do dinner thingies & unfortunately I'm going to have to give the NEC a miss this year. :(

Hope everyone has a great time at each of the events

[quote name='GrumpyBodger' timestamp='1351426159' post='5907']
Now I don't pretend to be at all observant but today a couple of questions have crossed my mind; having watched today's F1 race.

1. Tobacco Spons[color=#ff0000][size=6]o[/size][/color]rship:-

1a. I've noted that signs of Marlboro spons[color=#ff0000][size=6]o[/size][/color]rship seem to have disapeared completely. The Ferarri white rear wing had Marlboro written on it, which transformed itself into a number of black stripes represrnting the word.
Now Santander has taken over that advertising space.
Does anybody know if Marlboro has any connection with Fe[color=#ff0000][size=6]rr[/size][/color]a[color=#ff0000][size=6]r[/size][/color]i now? [color=#ff0000]Yes, Philip Morris are in a deal with Ferrari that lasts until 2015 as far as I know. However, Ferrari have changed their team name to drop the Marlboro name from their title in response to pressure from the anti-tobacco lobby (Scuderia Ferrari as opposed to Scuderia Ferrari-Marlboro. The tobacco advertsing rules vary from country to country so maybe the logo will appear elsewhere. McLaren have used similar 'fudging' of the brand name in the past for the same reasons.[/color]

1b. The Lotus spons[color=#ff0000][size=6]o[/size][/color]red Renault is painted in the old well recognised JPS John Player Special colours of the Imperial Tobacco Company; so do they pay for or part of that spons[color=#ff0000][size=6]o[/size][/color]rship? [color=#ff0000]There is no JPS sponsorship of this team. The colours were chosen for heritage reasons only in the 'Fernandes/Group Lotus title wars[/color]. [color=#ff0000]Neither do Group Lotus sponsor them but the team is officially named Lotus F1 Racing following last year's sponsorship by the factory.and an ongoing relationship between the two companies.[/color]

2. The racing overalls of the Red Bull drivers now seem to have the number 1 on the leg of Vettel[size=6][color=#FF0000]'[/color][/size]s overalls & the number 2 on Webber's. I wonder what Mr. Webber thinks about that? :rolleyes: [color=#ff0000]Merely a reflection of their racing numbers, surely..............[/color]

Oh & a pretty good race today; I do like that Indian track.

Cheers
John
[/quote]

Mike,

you're such a pedant; waiting for me to correct my posting before you decided to provide a reply :D :D :D

Anyway, many thanks for your help on that; It does however leave the question open as to where the Lotus Renault money comes from?
But don't bother answering that one on my behalf; I'm not really interested thanks. :rolleyes:

Ref. My 2nd (note 2nd being the key here) question; considering his outburst last year it is surprising that Mark Webber permitted that being embroidered on their relative racing overalls!

A good week to you all.
Cheers
John